Mar 21, 2009

Another one bites the dust

Another doctor bites the dust. We are officially plagued with a black cloud. Turns out Canada isn't quite as liberal as many think. The doctors fear losing their licence when all I am asking for is a voluntary blood test and ultrasound and birth control pills. Apparently this request is "unusual" for our Canadian doctors. This is the day where I wish they were crooked and paid off easily. Well not really, I am not for corruption but feeling desperate and lost leads to these kind of thoughts. What are our next steps? Where do we go now. I guess a day or two of surrogacy opt out is what we need to regroup and figure it out. On top of all of this I am still sick, worse today than I was 4 days ago. Dammit! Leaving on a high note, we met Fromus from the surrogacy support group who was in town to see her mom. To meet her was incredible, to hear her story and challenges also incredible. She is a fantastic person all round, and her 6 week old growing seedlet has no idea how lucky he or she is to have this mommy.

4 comments:

  1. What is going on with doctors in Canada? I just don't get it.

    I am part of a US surrogacy forum. I know there are Canadian surrogates, EDs and IPs on that forum. If they can access services, why can't you?

    Can you email me so I can get some info to you. I need to know where you are located so we can find you a bloody doctor!!!!

    it can and will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Fromus. She is a beautiful woman and so deserving of her baby!

    Hmmm...this doctor thing is really bizarre. Am's right, perhaps you can go on the surrogacy boards and figure out who the 'surrogacy friendly' docs are.

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerrie,

    Someday soon (sooner than you think), I am going to drive up from NY to Canada with my baby to come and visit you and your baby. This WILL happen, we just have to find a Canadian doctor for you who isn't an idiot and will run some very routine tests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerrie,
    I know a doc or two in Canada who would likely work with you in the process, depending on where you are. The one I know well is in Toronto. I am not sure where you are. If you are on the SI Support site you can look me up on there and hopefully I can help.
    Sincerely
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)