Mar 24, 2009

We have a doctor!

My last post on Saturday caused my surrofriends to take notice. Many emails and private messages came our way. One particular note included the name of a doctor and that he had been contacted on my behalf. Thinking that we would hear something later this week, we were thrilled to have an option. All we need is one. Well, thanks to Joy, yesterday proved to be the best day yet. I was able to track down this doctor and send my medical records to him and within a few hours he had read them and responsed to set up a meeting last night. So at 9pm my phone rang and my legs turned to jelly. Could this be it??? The doctor spent one full hour talking to me about the treatment and next steps and how he can help us get to India. It was surreal! To have a doctor acknowledge India in our conversation, not just once but many times. He fully understands what we want to do and he agrees that this is the best option for us to start a family. His words "I am here to help you get to India", "It is my pleasure to help you start a family through surrogacy in India". I am over the moon, yet the little alien inside me says "don't get your hopes up yet". Linking with this doctor was all made possible by a wonderful couple from Minnesota. Can you imagine the generosity and selflessness of other people? I knew there were great people in this world, and I have been fortunate enough to be in contact with them. Thank you Joy. Your name really represents what you have given us...joy.

9 comments:

  1. Kerrie,

    I am sitting here at my computer at work crying. This is such wonderful, wonderful news. Thank God for Joy and for this wonderful doctor!

    India and motherhood, here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerrie and Mark,
    Yipee!!! You are FINALLY on your way. Our prayers have been answered. Thank God for the doctor willing to help you. I will continue to pray that everything will now fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is brilliant! I am so glad to hear your news. You're on your way now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!! SOOOOO Happy to hear this great news, maybe we'll be in India together, now i'm excited to start again!!!

    GOOD LUCK AND GREAT JOB!!! woohooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So do you think you still might be on track for going in May? That would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Thank you so much, Joy, for bringing Kerrie closer to her baby.

    I'm humbled by both of you and our lovely community.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you thank you. We certainly could not have gotten thru it all without each of you. I am already scheduled for the hormone tests on Thursday...so its pretty real!
    Keep up the good work girls and boys.
    kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, yay and yay. One hurdle down...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am humbled by your kind words, to say the least. Thank you

    I am so happy that this is working out for you.

    I will be keeping up with your blog and I can not wait to see your posts through the trip to India, the 2WW, the return for delivery etc.

    It is something you both deserve and I am so excited for you!!!!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)