May 15, 2009

Psyche!

Yesterday we met with the psychologists. Her name is Dr Brown and she is delightful woman. The guideline for the appointment was geared at people using a surrogate here in Canada. Discussions about meds, testing, surrogate contact, selective reductions, multiples and aborting for abnormalities. As well as post natal care and handing over of the baby and contact frequency with the surrogate. First of all let me say we were star pupils. The doctor was so pleased that we were very well informed and had thought about all the questions previously. We knew about everything and easily had a conversation. Secondly, we were the first encounter for the doctor of couples using a surrogate in India. Because Dr Brown is a reproductive psychologists she goes to many conferences learning about latest technologies and meds. She raved about the standards of Indian medicine and research. She came across equally as excited as were are to start this journey. We told her many details that she found to be quite admirable about the process in India with SI. At the end of it she asked for us to keep in touch and update her on the steps. The doctor mentioned that we were an easy appointment for her, as many times couples come is and have never even heard of things like selective reduction. All in all the appointment was great! I also mentioned to her about the Chatelaine article and she is anxious to see it. I am building a mini network here of great contacts with the intent of helping other Canadians. I am a big believer in sharing knowledge. If I had not found out so much from all of you I would be lost, so its my goal to spread the word, inform the uninformed and counsel the needed as required. Like all of you the first's of anything can be overwhelming and we are so fortunate to have each other.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Kerrie and Mark,

    I read your blog today. After several IVF cycles (a few unsuccessful, a loss of a twin pregnancy at 21 weeks and 2 ectopics) I'm considering surrogacy in India too. I have 4 frozen embryos left from my previous cycle but Dr.Patel's clinic in Anand would not use frozen eggs and suggested starting a fresh cycle there. Is SI ok with frozen embryos? Is it legal to import frozen embryos in India? How do you transport them? It would be so much easier for me to use the ones I have and not go for yet another IV cycle if I don't have to!... Please help!
    Best of luck,
    Rouja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rouja,
    Please email me kerrieandmarkolejarz@gmail.com . Can discuss further in email.
    Thanks!
    Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerrie,

    I'm praying that you end up with tons of embryos to freeze. We would love to know how you are doing when you have time...

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kerrie

    For some reason, I can't post a commet in your newest post. weird.

    Anyway just wanted to say how excited I am tha your EPU is June 6. That's fantastic news!!

    I'll be praying for you. Keep us posted.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)