Jun 1, 2009

Added stress

On Saturday I had my second stim scan and the news was not good - including the blood test. From the conversation with the doc all I heard was "cancel cycle". I immediately went into panic mode, denial and anger. My estrogen level was not where it was supposed to be, thus my 20 beautiful follies now became maybe 6 on track. Oi vey. so, plan...up the meds and see what happens by Monday. Today is Monday and the plan has worked. 12 follies are now getting bigger and Dr C feels that more may mature by Thursday. Whew...what a relief. The stress of this journey is too much sometimes and the constant let downs from the past haunt me. If you have not been thru this shit (sorry Gege for the cursing) you do not know the horror of it. So, Thursday I go in for another scan which will hopefully lead to the much anticipated trigger shot! This weekend will be one we will always remember...finding out how many embryos fertilized and knowing how good our chances will be. My next post will be Thursday or Friday. Til then please pray my follies grow and mature.

7 comments:

  1. No need to ask Turrrrrrrrr, my prayers have been and are with you and specially the little follies. Love
    Urs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, it's just been one thing after another! I will be praying like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are doing a great job, I mean you are doing everything you can and try to keep your spirits up.
    When people have difficult times my mum used to burn a candle for them, I am not religious but I always appreciated the symbolic value of it: so I am burning a couple of candles for you this week!
    Thumbs up Kerrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay strong because Lord knows u need to with all these ups and downs...here's praying for you girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the constant ups and downs with cycling!?! Hang in there Kerrie, we know the pain. All will prevail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No need to apologize. You know I am awed by your grace. You and your hubby have been through so much. I too , will be praying like crazy, partly that you will be peaceful in the eye of the storm called surrogacy. Love, GeGe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerrie, Just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you and praying that you get tons of good embryos.

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)