Jul 20, 2009

Let the packing begin

We leave in 5 days and are whirling! For the last month I have barely slept with anticipation, similar to a kid at Christmas. Our surrogate is scheduled for a u/s this Thursday to see how she is progressing and if all goes well, our FET will be July 28/30. This is so real now. We are in a constant state of internal chaos. We have waited so long for this to happen and now it is smack dab in front of us. It is very surreal - almost unreal. The weekend was busy getting ready for the upcoming trip and events. We think we have everything we need and can only imagine how the couples going for baby pick up must feel. We are only prepping and packing for us and it feels a bit of a task. The thought of possibly being pregnant in 3 weeks or so is one I can think of, but somehow my body/mind is protecting me big time from truly absorbing this. The human body is truly amazing. When we go into high stress situations the body works in overdrive to protect us. I am having a hard time explaining myself here, but I sure you know what I mean. I guess I can best describe it as shock.
CJ and Shawns little girl was born last week and we are all waiting on updates (hint hint). Chaya and hubbie and son are chilling in Mumbai waiting on all the paperwork to come back home to Canada, and Daria should be resting now after egg retrieval earlier this morning in Mumbai.For those I have missed I apologize, but please know you are all in my thoughts. There is always lots going on in this crazy surrogacy world. Its a blessing for sure to be in the loop of this circle. I also see that the ducks had a baby shower over the weekend and the cake looked amazing!
So, this week will be full of heightened anticipation and wonderment. This journey as you know is not easy, and I do not expect it to get any easier as we get closer. Taking it is stride is all we can do.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for thinking of me today. You will be here in a few days, feeling what we already feel. We might even have baby pick up together!! I've seen both little girls you are referring to, and they are both precious. We are headed back to the US tonight, as we can't stand to be away from our son one more night. It's time for your countdown to begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerrie,
    We'll be staying at either the Residence Hotel or the Ramada Powai -- probably the Residence - under last name Botvin or Sacks. Please get in touch -- weather and baby allowing, we'd love to meet you!
    stephaniekb@mindspring.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to GO! We hit Delhi the day of your transfer. It's all happening. Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying, praying, praying for a positive for you. Love, Gege

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait 'til you're here! I'm emailing you, Stephanie, and Lisa contact info. It's going to be so fun to finally meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally...some GREAT news on your end. Its all going to go perfect from this point forward. Can't wait for your long awaited trip to start. So very, very happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kerry and Mark! It does look like that we are on the same cycle. Our egg pick up is in two days!! We did things a little backwords. We also had issues with our surrogate. We will have to keep in touch as our journeys progress. We will be in India together for the births. Your journey has been more challenging than ours. However, It is all coming together for you. We are so happy for you guys! Good Luck and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful trip and please let us know how everything goes. Its always fun to read about different people's impressions of India. I'm so happy that its finally coming together for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for posting. It's great to be travelling alongside you and sharing your fun experiences.

    I've got everything crossed for you, sweetheart.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)