Nov 11, 2010

Flights, drugs and getting old(er).

Just 25 days til I fly to Delhi, gulp!!!  I really dread the travel, its a 26 hour trip with a 10.5 hour time change, and I have never done it while cycling so this should add some extra spice. I will start my stims on November 30th and hope all goes well and that my retrieval will happen a few days before we fly home.  The flight home happens to be on my 40th birthday! What a way to celebrate huh!  Stuck in a plane, in an airport, back on a plane then home, exhausted and more than likely swollen from retrieval. Yehaw! Hopefully I can muster up enough strength and energy on the last flight home to have a glass of red wine in celebration of my birthday and anticipation of a pregnancy.  Nothing like airline wine to celebrate! I am always thankful and grateful for what life gives me, and sometimes it gives me really special people.  Most of you know and love Mandy, and are cheering her on for a pregnancy.  Mandy and I have become the last of the graduating class of 2008 surrogacy students to have not had success.  In pure generosity, Mandy has FedEx'd me 5 gonal f pens that should land on Canadian soil today.  What an amazing gift from her.  With all the greatness she puts out into the universe, I think the universe owes her big time!  Now, lets just see how Canada customs handles this shipment!  Thanks a million Mandy!  I think this lot of gonal f will give both of us the babies we so want and deserve!

11 comments:

  1. Kerrie, this made me cry. I pray and hope that this batch of Gonal-F does give you both the babies you deserve.

    We're pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending both you and Mandy the hugest wishes for success on this cycle -- may all your dreams of motherhood come true for Monsoon babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always touched and amazed by your generosity and spirit. You and Mandy are going to be amazing parents and you both are due for success. Sending you both positive wishes and prayers!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you the best of luck with your cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerrie,
    Both you and Mandy hold a special place in my heart and knees as I have spent so much time there petitioning the Lord on your behalf.
    Regardless of how you 40th birthday starts, I hope it ends with a baby in your arms.
    Praying absoultely everything about this trip goes off without a hitch for once.
    Love, GeGe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping this common bond with bring joy to both you so deserving girls!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerrie, when will they know you have eggs to retrieve? I assume they know this before you fly to India. I, again, am amazed at your honesty and fortitude to make this work. I am holding you in the light as you make this trip to India.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We say it all the time, but I just LOVE our community. And yep, you guys + Mandy and Rick are going to make just the best parents ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madge, I will have a base line scan on day one of my stimulation protocol which looks for cysts and at the trilinear measures of my uterus. Also, blood tests which measure my hormones. The scan shows existing follicles which hold the eggs. Every day of stimulation encourage follicle development and increase in follicle size. Optimistically, each follicle will have one egg in it. Scans and bloods are done every few days to monitor follicle development; drugs are adjusted if needed until follicles measure 18-20mm. At this point you take a large dose of HcG - referred to as a trigger shot, and approximately 36 hours later you have your retrieval. Retrieval is basically an extraction of the fluid from each follicle which is then worked in the lab asap to see if there was an egg in the mix. The stimulation takes about 10-14 days and is closely monitored for optimal results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Warmest of wishes and biggest of hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the shout out girl! It is a communit yof helping others...we are in this together and beyond...hopefully our kids can spend some summers together :)

    Hope retrieval goes well and your positive is right around the corner from Christmas...

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)