Feb 22, 2011

Deep breath - we have a nasal bone!

Our NT scan results were in email this morning as promised.  First let me say how we are so impressed with SCI!  When they say they will deliver results, they do.  I know an ongoing complaint in our Indian surrogacy society is poor communication and not delivering updates on expected dates.  We are very fortunate that we are not experiencing this, and I am not sure at this point if we could even deal with that!
Onto the good stuff....
Most importantly today is that we 1. have a nasal bone and 2. our Nuchal luceny is very low.  All of this boils down to a visual check that we have no visible genetic abnormalities!  Babies heartbeat is a steady and strong 152 beats per minute and CRL measurements put Alan at 12 weeks 5 days!
So we are now in our 13th week and this is where our past starts to haunt us.
It is usually around this time that there have been early signs that things will not end well.  We are trying VERY hard not to let this haunt us as this pregnancy is not in my body and therefore things will go very differently.  As much as I can say this out loud, deep down inside of me the seeds of horror and doubt do pop up on occasion. 
On to happy things....Alan pics!



This picture cracks me up..if you have played Wii Tennis that you will see that Alan looks like one of the Wii tennis crowd members (no legs)



18 comments:

  1. Think Pos+tive Sweetie ;) Glad you had a great NT Scan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He/She looks beautiful!!! Keep it up precious!
    Tia Chinchola is waiting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it too early to predict a girl? :-)
    Glad everything is progressing on script this time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for nasal bone!
    That sounds too funny :)
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! Keep thinking positive thoughts.
    "Wii" Alan. LOL

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say girl as the heartbeat is in the girl range of the old days with no ultrasound. My sons are 39 and 37 and the older one's heartbeat was 132 (my doctor told me I could paint my room blue), younger son was 142 ad he said could be a girl was probably a boy. 150 and above in the old days was definitely a girl. So glad Alan is progressing but might have to call her Alanee soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get the Wii reference, I always thought that was funny too! This is really happening for you, take a deep breath and enjoy it. I pray things will continue to develop on track and for a smooth pregnancy!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only do you have a nasal bone, you have a full blown nose and chin and I'm pretty sure I can even see lips. Wow. Stay positive and enjoy this time as much as you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kerrie and Mark,
    I just told Carrie-Jo I hold my breath every time I see a new post from you until I read it.
    Then I think,"How silly of me." I petition the God of the universe every day for Alan. No worries. All will be well. Love, GeGe

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear all is going well for you. Keep growing strong baby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kerrie, so happy for you on the wonderful news! Absolutely beautiful pics of the baby :).

    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pic of Alan!! Great news.....looking forrward to seeing the leg pics next scan! I think a girl too...our HB has always been 160-170...so think its going to be a lot of pink! Congrats again x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great news! Look forward to all the updates, SJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done Alan! I think he has a beard, or maybe "she" is a bearded lady. Gotta love those early scans. All fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't Dr Shivani the greatest? We love her so. Well done on your terrific news, keep it coming! X x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with GeGe, I too hold my breath while the blog opens completely and allows me to scan down. Alan is certainly amazing and is "wowing" people already. Keep up the great informative and wonderful posts. Go Alan!
    Love
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely wonderful news! So glad this is happening for you guys! BTW, don't want to break the heartbeat legend, but Maxime was 155 hahahahaha! Just over 7 weeks for me and I promise you we'll be on mat leave together my friend!
    Love xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)