May 24, 2011

The Flu and Delhi Belly

The last week has been a blur.  Mark had the stomach flu and kindly passed it onto me.  I spent Wed-Friday bed ridden except for the multiple emergency trips to the bathroom.  All I can say is the flu is dreadful!  Over the weekend I started to regain some strength and thank goodness it was a long weekend here so I had more than normal recovery time.
A reminder to me of how fortunate I am in life, my nextfamily weekly segment is up today.  This weeks entry is lightly titled "Delhi Belly"

http://thenextfamily.com/2011/05/surrogacy-in-india-sick-with-delhi-belly/









I have hesitated on whether or not to write about this, but have decided to go ahead.  On Monday morning we awoke to news our surrogate is in hospital.  We feel on high alert here and awaiting more news.  The rational side of me says everything will be ok, but the weakened and broken side of me worries that this is an awful turning point.  We know Sumita and Alan are receiving the best of care and absolutely no risks are being taken.  It is very difficult being so far away and waiting on an update.  The information we have is limited based on the situation, so we all wait and watch at this point.  Once we have more news and understanding we will share it. 

5 comments:

  1. We're praying this all goes smoothly. Lots of people out here in blogland are sending good vibes.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know as soon as you do. I hope it is just precautionary. Sometimes bed rest takes care of everything until the day of birth. I can't imagine how terrifying being so far away must be for you and Mark. Please update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you and sending Healthy Vibs to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you and your Surrogate love and prayers. Hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Hope you hear positive news soon. I do know how you are feeling, take care & remember the ladies are admitted to hospital immediately- even for any small issue. The doctors are extremely cautious which is great to know. Thinking of you, SJ & B xx

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)