May 31, 2011

We are getting ready to travel and our TNF update

My nextfamily update went live yesterday.  This weeks story details meeting our surrogates.  

http://thenextfamily.com/2011/05/meeting-our-surrogates-sumita-and-sunita/

We are now starting to look for accommodations and flights for our return trip to Delhi.  Those of you who have done this before us know how "up in the air" the dates will be.  We are looking into apartments and hotels to see what the best rates will be.  We expect to be in India for 4- 6 weeks.  One Canadian did it in a record breaking 4 weeks 1 day so we hope to be that lucky!  From what we heard, we are the first Canadians to do the exit process with Dr Shivani and team.  Next week we will contact the consulate to firm up what is needed, just in case there have been any changes.  Our travel agent in searching for cheap flights for us...its high season when we return so we need to secure something now and deal with flight changes when that time comes. 

8 comments:

  1. ah good luck with all your planning and i hope you get home quickly too!!! in the uk it can take up to 10wks but we are to hoping that our return home is quicker as i miss being home!! cant wait for all your news and pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooooooo exciting. Can't wait until that baby is in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for share so much of you life with all of us. I can not wait for you to meet your little one! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited for you! Do you feel like the time is now in hyper-speed?

    We had tons of trouble with changing our flight and it would have been better for us to wait so I just wanted to mention what happened to us as something not to do. Basically we booked with British Air the last week of October and planned to fly out mid November when Emily would have been 36 weeks along. The cost was about 3k for both of us coach. They wouldn't let us book Emily's return flight until she was born. When Emily came early at 34 weeks we had to change our flight and it cost us another 3k! Altogether it cost us 7k by the time we were done for coach tickets and to top that off British Air lost Emily's reservation (though they had already charged our credit card) and we had to beg and plead with them for a infant bulkhead seat at the airport in Hyderabad. In the long run it would have been better for us to buy the ticket last minute than to have to pay the change fee. Plus I would not recommend British Air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO EXCITED for you guys! The end (and the beginning) are in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree- this is exciting!! Your updates are giving me butterflies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, whoooopppeee!
    Second, small tip = if you book now and require your flights to be changed, Dr. S can write a letter stating it is for a medical emergency and the change fee will be refunded to you by most airlines. That worked for us and saved us around $400+ in change fees. If the cost of the flight is higher, you'll still have to swallow that burden but the change fees can be eliminated.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right there with you girlfriend...UGH!!!! What happened to all that time we had to prepare...GONE!!! Now we have to do it all x2 and with a toddler. Trying to let the excitement overshadow the stress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)