Jul 27, 2011

Peeky the dog.

We lost our little Peeky yesterday and today I awoke in sadness.  He was my baby boy and he really filled a void in my heart for the last 8 years.  Peek was in a foster home through www.ccrt.netHe was a little, aggressive, bald Chihuahua, age unknown.  We drove almost two hours to meet him at his foster home, and despite the fact that he completely ignored us on our visit, I was in love.   I emailed CCRT the next day to proceed with the adoption.  They came and did a home visit to ensure he was being placed into a good home.  Within a few days, his foster parents drove him to our home.  When they left that evening Peeky sat in his bed and tears rolled down his face.  It just broke my heart how sad he was at that time.   Later in the evening I decided to have some toast and asked Peeky if he would like some.  He did, and it was this toast that brought his heart over to me.  He bonded to me like glue.  We had a very special relationship and sadly, his health had gotten the best of him over the last few years.  He had 6 surgeries on his bladder, four rotten tooth extractions and the dreaded MRSA infection that took over his whole body and nothing would cure it.
I am extremely sad today, having lost my little boy.  Rest in peace Peeky.





11 comments:

  1. He decided it was time to leave now that he was being replaced by another baby. RIP Peeky you served your masters well until they could safely be on their way to parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry guys. I know pets become part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kerrie I know the pain. We lost our Frankie girl just one week after arriving home with Blaze. She was my world for 13.5 years & I was crushed! It takes time, but it does get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so sorry for your loss its so sad, they become a big part of your life i lost 3 dogs in 3years and miss them all!! i bought them a rose bush each so they are always together in my garden xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read this post. Although we are here in India with our beautiful baby boy, each day I have a moment of sadness thinking how perfect it would be to be with our beloved Fogg and Fergus (our mental Pekingese dogs) and be complete as a family. They're way more than pets, they're just like my children! We don;t get to see them for at least 10 weeks and it breaks our hearts. Maybe other people think we're crazy giving so much love to our pets, but I'd love to think they're incredibly lucky having owners, like Peeky, who shower them with as much love as possible. He surely had the best life he possibly could, thanks to you guys x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry.... :(
    Hugs!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!I am soo sorry to hear this awful news.We also lost our rescue dog about a month ago!!She gave us so much love and became part of our family in a very short time in her little life.I am devastated for you.I am sure you gave Peeky the best years of his life and he will live on in memory.
    kathy and david

    ReplyDelete
  8. :( sorry
    I bet he had a fun time with you spoiling him. He looks totally snuglable in the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear your news too. It's obvious how much you loved each other from the photos. Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crap and shite, I just read this.

    Really, nothing to say but (HUGSSS and KISSES)))))


    Ugh, I know this hurts


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear your news..Thinking of you at this sad time. SJ & B xx

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)