Aug 16, 2011

Whew, what a day!

We awoke to monsoon rains, "Monsoon Atcha!" as Hariz would say (monsoon good).  Since it was raining quite hard we decided to lay low at home until Rahul picked us up for our scan.  The excitement was almost unbearable!!!  Rahul arrived and we headed to the bank first then off to Dr Jolly's office.

Sumita walked in just after us and she recognized us (we were the only white people).  Mark yelled out "Hi Sumita" and she acknowledged us with the Namaste hands.  Soon after we went into the ultrasound room where Dr Jolly was very accommodating to us.  We tried to give Sumita her space as I am sure she was not comfortable with us in the room.  Dr Jolly did alot of 4D for us which was absolutely AMAZING!


Dr Jolly talked about the cord and how all is ok and not to worry.  He did multiple measurements for us and mid scan our baby had a big yawn!  This was the most precious thing to see!  Unbelievable.
I snapped the above pics with Dr J's permission.  He was very pleasant and gave us the time we needed.  At the end we asked for an approximate weight.  Seeing how poor Sumita is all baby it makes sense that this large baby bump was housing a big baby.  Dr J estimated the babies weight at 3.3kgs!  We brought preemie clothes just in case our baby was small - wasted packing! After the scan we had a few pictures taken with Sumita which we will not post to protect her privacy.  She looked great and BIG and probably ready to get this show on the road!
We also had a few gifts that we were able to give to her outside the clinic.  She was gracious in accepting them.
After all this excitement we then headed off to meet an immigration assistant named Poonam.  She is a relatively new link with SCI and a true delight!!  We talked with her about our specific exit process and sorted out next steps.  If you come for baby pick up and get to work with her you will really enjoy her spunk!
We had planned to go to Pahar Ganj after the meetings but Rahul advised against it since it is so close to the location where Anna Hazare was arrested today and we would be in the thrall's of 50,000 protesters.  We decided to stay away from that chaos and came home. 
When we arrived home we had alot of emails.  The most important was from SCI - saying "We would like to inform you that as per our schedule we have done a USG scan for Sumita. Please find the attached file for the same. We are happy to inform you that Dr. Shivani has reviewed the report & found everything fine. Kindly note that Sumita's cesarean has been booked for tomorrow i.e 17th August 2011 at 1:30 PM."
WOW!!! Tomorrow...wow...wow...wow!!!! So, while friends and family sleep at home, we will be meeting our baby for the first time!!!!  We are so ready for this, finally! We are in a state of shock and awe that the time has finally come for us.  We decided to go out and celebrate having a light dinner at one of the upper restaurants at M Block.    After dinner we received scan pics of baby Alan, the last scan pics we will receive!  Here is baby Alan looking just like daddy:





This is where our baby will be born   http://www.parashospitals.com/images/tour.php

Next pics will be of our baby....boy or girl who cares, healthy is most important.

29 comments:

  1. Is that 4am for me? If so, I'm up at 4:45am anyhow so I'll just get up a little earlier. :D
    I'm gonna be an aunt tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to read your blog tomorrow! So exciting. I wish you all well. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerrie, that is beyond WONDERFUL news! 1:30 PM IST is 4:00 AM EDT. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers tonight when I lay myself to sleep. Starting tomorrow you will enter a new journey of parenthood. WOW! -Anna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great. Top of your blog says "Transfer done Aug 17th" So I picked 17th in your perdictor! Perfect just perfect. I cant tell you how happy I am for you both. Love and best wishes xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo!! SO excited for you guys...years of being surro buddies and following the journey has all mounted up to meeting baby Alan!! Super excited,so happy for you guys!!

    Love the updates as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been stalking your blog. I am beyond exciting for you guys. Praying for a safe delivery. Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! GeGe isn't the only one stalking your blog. I've been checking it almost hourly! We are so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YaY!!!Very excited for you two!!Its been a long wait and so well deserved!!Looking forward to seeing baby Alan's arrival and in your arms!!Your in our thoughts,cheering you on!!
    david and kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so excited and thrilled for you both that your big day is here! Praying for a smooth delivery and a joyful meeting with your beautiful baby! --Alex and Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodnees. So happy and excited for you. Tomorrow WOW. I think you are having a little boy :) kee kee kee Can't wait to hear all about it. Get some sleep because after tonight SLEEP becomes almost non existent :) lol Enjoy Congrats and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited for you! Good luck, I can't wait for the next update. I'll be checking first thing tomorrow. Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yaaaaaayyyyy! If I wake up to pee tonight I am so checking my phone for an update :D
    K

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that we have become so invested in your journey. Duane came home from work today and the first thing he says is "Kerrie and Mark are having their baby at 4:30 am!" Can't wait to awake to the exciting news! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I am beyond excited for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know its not till 1:30.... But i find myself here every hour on the hour! Come on time, tick faster!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is very exciting! Chad and I will be thinking about you all today. Cheers and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will check if I get up during the night as well. I still think girl. But healthy is best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mere hours away....I think Alan is a girl by the way. Aria is pounding on my keyboard as I read this...she is sure it's a little girl. :-)
    Best wishes....we'll be dreaming about you tonight! (And you'll be dreaming while awake...take it all in!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an exciting and memorable day! I can't wait until tomorrow, oh it is tomorrow in India!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How exciting for you both, enjoy this special moment. I will be checking for updates, 1.30pm IST will be 4pm here in Perth!! Not long to go!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Kerrie - I will be up by then (5am)... I will make sure I wake up Amy to tell her the good news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Refresh. Refreshrefresh. Please ignore the 1000 hits from DC. They are all me :)
    K

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay!!! It's soooo close now! I can't wait to see ya'll holding baby Alan for the first time tomorrow! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  25. 1 hr 30 min till baby O' is born.....hmmm Is this a hint to Alans name? Hope O is a girls name.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Not long now, how exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Waiting for your joyous news ...
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats you guys so deserve this. Cannot wait for the updates. Love and best wishes Denise Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can't wait to hear the good news! Very excited for you. Lots of hugs and best wishes, Ayesha

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)