Jan 24, 2012

The Liebster award - wow!

Seems there is a series of Liebster Awards being mentioned on blogs, all started by Doug and Bill  , and then we were mentioned in the awards list by Douglas and Chad .  We feel quite honoured to have been mentioned and understand that we must pay it forward as a grateful recipient. 
Now, this feels a bit like Survivor to me, that we have won the reward challenge on day 29 and get to choose one person to come and eat with us, leaving the rest behind.  We enjoy so many blogs about surrogacy, that it is difficult to highlight just a few!

I decided to go old school and highlight the blogs of families who started out with us in 2008

Made in India - two beautiful boys born after some drama in Mumbai.  Nik and Lisa have become friends, for life.   We had many a beer with Nik while in Mumbai in the summer of 2009.

Baby Masala -  we had the pleasure to meet this family in Mumbai in 2009.  If you go back in their blog to the beginnings, you will see a very heartfelt post about taking this plunge and the uncertainty that came with it.   We love the updates on Micah, seeing him grow up into such a wonderful little boy.

Procreated In India - we had the pleasure to meet this family while in Mumbai in 2009.  They have a beautiful baby girl, and I hope that when they try for baby number two they continue to share their experiences! 

Amani and Bob's Indian Surrogacy - Amani and Bob - beautiful Tobias born in 2010!  Meg and Bob had their own hurdles throughout the early parts of their journey, but pressed on to have success and now are expecting baby number two with SCI.

Oh Mandy!!!   We all hoping and praying that Mandy and her hubby Rick finally get the news they so desire.  After I think 4 failed attempts in India, it is their time!!

I just wanted to pay homage to some of our pioneers who have stayed in touch with us as we struggled through 8 attempts at a baby in India.  There are just so many great blogs out there now that there is no way I can make a top ten list!  Sometimes I worry our blog could scare the crap out of people - well our earlier mishaps and blunders anyway.  I hear from people daily that our blog has inspired them, and for that we are grateful.

And, this list would not be complete without mention of Dr Shivani's blog, and The Next Family.  Both of these places are very special to me, and I feel like they have helped me grow my friends list beyond what I could have imagined. 

To access the blogs I mentioned just click on the name and you will be redirected.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out!!! Sending kisses to Cailyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out as well Kerrie. Love you and your family for letting us invade your lives and telling your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch!! Love you guys and glad we went your route...now where's my trophy?? LOL...

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)