Mar 5, 2012

Having a good laugh!

Just before bath time, I decided to have a good play with Cailyn and luckily had my iPhone close by to capture this video of her laughing!



Great news!  Cradle cap is GONE!!! Thanks to Kim for recommending Mustela foaming shampoo.  This stuff works amazingly well!  It was a challenge to find it and not cheap, but once I got my hands on it we were ready to wash that cradle cap away.  It took two shampoos to really see a change and by the third shampoo it is gone! No more picking waxy residue off her head, YAY!!   Thanks Kim for sharing this with me!!!  I also bought the matching baby lotion, but it seems to cause a slight rash on Cailyn, but fortunately, I love it and it is not wasted money. 
Cailyn is doing really well, not much else to share.  We are blessed having her in our life, that's for sure! I cannot wait for the warmer weather to get out and about alot more.
We managed to purchase the next car seat, and got the one I really wanted.  We opted for the Britax Marathon which tends to be very expensive here in Canada.  It was on sale on the weekend, and we had to go to two Babies R Us locations to finally get it.  The savings of $100.00 was worth the drive.  Now we just need to get it installed professionally and she will be set.  She has about a month before she will transition into it so not a huge rush. 
In a pinch we bought a jar of Gerber Sweet Potatoes and O M G did it smell bad!! Why, why does it smell so bad?  I make sweet potatoes for Cailyn at home and they do not smell bad like the jarred ones!!  I will continue to make her food knowing how badly the jarred one smelled.  I am fortunate to have the ability and time to do this!
This week on TheNextFamily.com I write about the MHA process and visiting Pahar Ganj market area. If you wish to have a read, here is the link:  http://thenextfamily.com/topics/family/surrogacy-family/kerrie-olejarz/
Since I started sharing our story on the Next Family, many of us have gotten to know Madge (Madgew).  Madge is the marketing guru for the website and probably one of the nicest women I have encountered in my life.  Madge has been a huge supporter of ours (and many of you as well) and we love her for her friendship.  She the coolest 60 something woman who can use the "f" word appropriately - like when discussing the latest antics of Rush Limbaugh!  Madge will be on a North American tour in May and one of her stops is Toronto!! We are stoked to meet her in person and spend time with her - hoping the weather is great for her visit! 
Here are a few pics from the week:
Trying out a sippy cup after having squash at home.

Exersaucer chewing - notice her scalp is somewhat red as the cradle cap falls off!

Cradle cap all gone!

13 comments:

  1. that laughter is so contagious, cant stop laughing now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out. I can't wait to see Cailyn and of course meet you all in person. The skype in India waiting for Cailyn was fabulous with you and Mark but I want to hug the real people. Love you all so much and I am sure even more (if that is possible) when I meet you all in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The laughing is adorable as well with my laptop that has sound. Don't ask about my PC monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray it's Ernie on the diaper! Big bird is my favourite then Grover. I roll my eyes when I get Elmo... there's too many of them! (These are stay at home dad problems lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so funny, I love it when you can get them to laugh like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous. She has a hearty laugh. One that makes others laugh. You can't beat that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when babies laugh it's just adorable! She is a beautiful and healthy little bub! Glad the cradle cap is gone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kerrie really enjoying the Cailyn updates she has a wonderfully infectious laugh, bless her. She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My, my, she is growing fast! I am sending hugs & kisses galore to Cailyn and you Kerrie! Anna Babiarz

    ReplyDelete
  10. She has me laughing with her, love the post and pics! especially the cardigan in the last pic, soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cailyn is definitely a happy little girl. How soon did she laugh like that because we can't wait til that time. Baby giggles are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I was doing the nanny thing, I LOVED the Mustella stuff. The wash was one of the few things that helped with diaper rash in the bath. Everything else was so drying. Congrats on getting rid of the cradle cap! That is some nasty stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud and say it proud, we are listening (reading)